In this article, we will share with you extremely useful Firefox tips and tricks which are very helpful for people using Mozilla Firefox. As all of you know very well, Mozilla Firefox is one of the best, open source browser. To use Mozilla Firefox more efficiently you can use the following tips:
1. Keyboard Shortcuts:
- F5 (Reload)
- Ctrl+F (Find)
- Ctrl+T (New tab)
- Ctrl+= (Increase text size)
- Ctrl+- (Decrease text size)
- Ctrl+L OR Alt+d (Go to address bar)
- Ctrl+K (Go to search box)
- Ctrl+D (Bookmark page)
- Alt-Home (Go to home page)
- Ctrl-W (Close current tab)
- Shift-Spacebar (page up)
- Space bar (page down)
- Alt-N (find next)
- Ctrl+Enter when it is a .com domain (i.e. when domain name is https://www.techlila.com then type, only namase in address bar then Ctrl+Enter it will automatically completes the address)
- Shift+Enter when it is a .net domain
- Ctrl+Shift+Enter when it is a .org domain.
2. Mouse Shortcuts:
- Middle click on link (Opens in new tab)
- Middle click on a tab (Closes tab)
- Ctrl-scroll down (Increase page size)
- Ctrl-scroll up (Decrease page size)
- Shift-scroll down (Previous page)
- Shift-scroll up (Next page)
Other Mozilla Firefox Tips and Tricks:
1. Speed up Mozilla Firefox:
Type about:config (about:config: Feature of Mozilla Firefox which lists application and configuration setting) in the address bar and hit Enter button, it will show you message “This might void your warranty!” Click on the button: “I’ll be careful, I promise!” then type network.http in the filter field, and change the following settings (Double-click on them to change them):
- Set network.http.pipelining to true
- Set network.http.proxy.pipelining to true
- Set network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to a number like 8. This will allow it to make 8 requests at once.
- Now, right-click anywhere and select New -> Integer. Name itnglayout.initialpaint.delay and set its value to 0?. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.
2. Handle Multiple Tabs with Keyboard:
Mozilla Firefox provides feature of multiple tabs, you can handle multiple tabs by keyboard. Below are some tips to handle multiple tabs by using keyboard.
- Ctrl+Tab (Rotate forward among tabs)
- Ctrl+Shft+Tab (Rotate to the previous tab)
- Ctrl+1-9 (Jump to a specific tab)
3. Change behaviour of close button:
Sometimes by mistake you click on close button of Firefox tabs. Here is a trick to remove or move close tab button. Type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter button, then search for browser.tabs.closeButton in filter field. When you find it double-click on given result. It will show you a prompt with default value 1. Change it to different values for different behaviours.
- Enter 0 to display a close button on the active tab only.
- Enter 1 (default Value) to display close button to all tabs.
- Enter 2 to avoid displaying any close buttons.
- Enter 3 to display single close button at the end of the tab bar.
4. How to open multiple websites when you start Firefox:
In menu bar, click on ‘Tools’ option. Then click on ‘Options’ button there.
Look for ’startup’, under main tab. Then type the website address/URL in ‘Homepage’ box separated by “|” symbol. For example, if you want to open Google, Yahoo and Alexa at the same time, then type – www.google.com | www.yahoo.com | www.alexa.com in Homepage box. Then Restart Firefox and you will see Firefox loading all 3 websites by default.