You want to do all that is reasonable to protect your home and family, and you might be considering having a home alarm system installed. Before you decide, do research and gain an understanding of the pros and cons of owning such a system.
Protection Against Crime
This one is obvious, right? But do alarm systems really work? Are break-ins common enough to justify the purchase?
- According to safeguardtheworld.com, home burglaries happen about once every 13 seconds in the United States. Homes that do not have security systems are up to three times more likely to be broken into. Just the fact that a security system is present is often enough to motivate burglars to move on to easier targets.
- A home security system doesn’t just protect the interior of the house. It can protect your exterior and yard from vandals just looking to cause damage to your property.
- Residents of cities with high crime rates especially stand to benefit from security systems. For example, home alarm systems Nashville, TN are a good idea because it is safer than only about 5% of other cities in the United States, according to neighborhoodscout.com.
- When the professionals come to offer a consultation about installing a security system, they will point out vulnerabilities on your property and gear your security package to help reduce risks associated with those weak points.
- Some security systems allow you to remotely control them from your cell phone. You can also receive text alerts. This can help if you are away on vacation and just want to keep an eye on things.
- An alarm system is there 24/7, in contrast with other security measures like a dog or a house sitter. You can’t leave your pooch home alone when you are on vacation.
Monetary Savings and Peace of Mind
The benefits of a home alarm system go beyond protection against burglars.
- Your insurance company is likely to lower your rates significantly once you have an alarm system installed, by up to 20%.
- Many systems also protect against threats other than crime, such as fire or high levels of carbon monoxide. Smoke alarms are good, but an extra level of protection, especially if you have little children in the house is always a good idea.
- Alarm systems with wireless monitoring don’t rely on your phone line, so even if the phone lines go down or get cut by the bad guys, your home stays protected.
- If there is an issue, you can feel at ease by the fact that help will be on its way to your house within minutes. Whether it’s the police or fire department, someone will be notified and you have what you need.
- You are able to have as much control as you want over the system. If you want to protect every single door and window when you go to sleep at night, you are able to. If you’re just looking to protect the front door because that’s the most vulnerable, you are able to do that too. The amount of protection is all up to you.
- If you decide to invest a little more, video imaging can help make sure you can see all parts of your house at any point. If a suspicious looking car is parked out front, you may be able to capture the license plate. If an expensive piece of jewelry goes missing, you can see exactly who may have taken it. You can even keep an eye on the children if you run out for a few minutes and make sure they are okay.
The damage that occurs along with a break-in is deeply emotional as well as physical, so the prospect of installing a home alarm system deserves your serious consideration. Carefully weigh the pros and cons, and then make an informed decision.
What people are saying
Thank you Vedant Kumar. I was thinking what should I do for security of my flat in the next Eid vacation. I want to go outside from my town. This “Home Alarm System” app free me from a great worry. I will use the message alarm system.
Hey dude you saved my time. I was just wondering whether such security alarm products available in market. I liked it.
Its true that HOme Alarm System create hasitation for burglar before inter the home but now a days burglar are more technical from house keepers. Now a days they are facing problem because of this HOme Alarm System. It is really safe and useful. You can sleep peacefully
Yes, I agreed for all above points. A lot of peoples look as if his property will be safe, and they don’t require to put an alarm or monitoring system in home. It is wrong concept, we won’t to see about our future days. This blog will help to protect our personal property and assets.
I believe it is a novel idea to have an alarm installed and monitored! Alarms can definitely make sure your home is always protected, but there are other ways to stay safe at home.
i didn’t realise there was a security system like that out there, I have been a locksmith that deals with this on a daily bases for about 12 years now. Thanks!
Hello Vedant, You have done amazing work on this vital topic. To provide protection for the things to hold which are tangible and intangible should be the most essential. You have shared great security system which I think definitely reduce the burglaries. I found few great ideas by exploring this post. Thanks
Ya, there are lot of benefits of installing a home alarm system. A home alarm system keeps your family protected from outside intruders. So, thanks for sharing this useful blog.
i didn’t understand there was a security system like that out there, I have been a locksmith that arrangements with this on a day by day bases for about 12 years now. Much obliged!
Having a good home alarm system will lessen or definitely decrease our chances of intruders and thieves from getting into our houses. If we have a home alarm, and when intruders or thieves broke in and the alarm went off then they will probably have no time to hang around too long and so they would get less of our valuable items.
Security alarm systems are most important thing now-a-days because home security has become one of the top things people look for in a property.
The alarm systems today are an absolute necessity in every home security systems have advanced technology and we are providing security to our house
Vedant, it seems like you have quite the experience with owning a security alarm system. I myself am looking to getting one mainly to protect my wife and kids. Their protection is what worries me and the only thing that you can find in my house are mostly dogs but very small dogs who hardly bite anyone.
I want to install a home security system in my house. As a single parent, my kids get home from school well before I do. The new security system would need to be simple enough for the kids to operate, yet complex enough not to be tampered with.
Home security is an important aspect for any home these days home alarm system is the best way to protect our home from threats, thieves and burglars.
I am alone at our house and I am still a student. They are not always at home because they always travel for our business. They are very concern about my security so they decided to install a surveillance solution all over the house so I can sleep well at night. Though I never heard yet crimes in our community.
Hello vedant, security alarm system is a vital device, but people do not seems to take much of interest these days in it.
May be the misuse of such technology and the way burglars and thieves always find a way out to cheat such high-tech devices makes them more annoying from spending money on them.
I went through your post and found that it is very informative, hope other people also get motivated to use this security alarm system wisely in their home and office premises.
The benefit of being protected from a break in does sound good to know. It’s something that has me thinking about getting an alarm control system. Well, mainly one that my wife can easily program instead of having to call other people to help program it for her.
Having an alarm system for our house is very beneficial, it can protect us and our home by the bad guys (thieves, intruders) etc.
So it is very important to have an upgraded and latest security system for our house.