Amazon Web Services is indeed one of the best choices when you need reliable cloud infrastructure for your services or products. This on-demand computing platform has transformed the way organizations use cloud technologies for their different projects. Despite all these, most businesses are worried about either under-committing or overcommitting while setting up the AWS infrastructure.
Cloud Spends, Commitment, and Wastage
It must not be surprising that 35% of cloud spending from organizations goes to waste. More importantly, even though most organizations want to optimize their cloud spending every year, most of them overspend. Can we blame them? No. In the AWS scenario, lack of commitment means zero access to discounts. On the other hand, under-committing AWS resources may affect the reliability and scalability of the cloud system.
This problem of overspending has been daunting for many organizations for years now. Organizations that over-commit to AWS end up wasting their cloud resources, while smaller organizations worry about dealing with limited resources if they under-commit. Cloud FinOps, the modern way to optimize and operate cloud resources, aims to solve this problem.
CloudKeeper, an end-to-end FinOps solution from To The New, does this job exceptionally well! In this article, we will provide detailed review of CloudKeeper, explaining how this FinOps solution can help your organization cut down cloud spending without compromising reliability and scalability. We will also discuss what makes this service unique from other popular ways to cut down AWS costs.
What Is CloudKeeper?
CloudKeeper is an end-to-end FinOps solution developed for Amazon Web Services. Designed to help users cut down cloud spending, this comprehensive solution comes from To The New. TTN has been working on CloudKeeper for a while. The FinOps solution has already helped hundreds of businesses optimize their cloud spending. However, CloudKeeper is not just about AWS savings.
As we said, CloudKeeper is a comprehensive solution that offers savings, software, services, and support. On top of the 5% to 15% savings, CloudKeeper is designed to solve the issue of over-committing and under-committing. It is impressive that some of the most reputed companies across continents use CloudKeeper to analyze and cut down their AWS spending. The list includes Fortune 1000 companies as well. HDFC Mutual Fund, Urban Ladder, Credit Sense, Damstra, and Wahed Invest are top brands on the list.
TTN is also an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and uses the experience and knowledge from more than 600 AWS accredited & certified engineers and architects to manage everything. The company also has dedicated teams for cost optimization, managed services, and customer support. In short, when you sign up for CloudKeeper, you start working with a reliable organization.
Why Use CloudKeeper?
So, you can avail yourself of a few benefits when you start using CloudKeeper. First, we will discuss why you would want to do that in the first place.
- Instant Savings, Immediately: With CloudKeeper, you do not have to wait for months or years to witness savings. Instead, TTN ensures that you can see a 5% to 15% savings on your entire AWS bill. As you can see, it is a bold promise, and it does not come with any catch. The company adds that you continue to run everything on-demand but get guaranteed billing at 1-year reserved pricing rates for 100% of the instances that you use every month. CloudKeeper steps up the game by a long shot when compared to the potential savings from self-managed reservations. This FinOps solution indeed is the easiest way to save on your AWS bills.
- Increased Flexibility: The problem with traditional AWS cloud management is that extra costs and limitations can hinder a hassle-free cloud experience. Therefore, people end up either over-committing or under-committing. However, CloudKeeper can take these restrictions away. So, even when using a Savings-friendly plan from AWS, you can run the server infrastructure per the demand. In addition, CloudKeeper will ensure that you can sufficiently upscale or downscale resources according to demand. You cannot expect this flexibility from competing solutions.
- No-Risk Design: CloudKeeper uses a no-risk design regardless of where you look at it from. To begin with, the service does not require any minimum billing commitments. So, you can get started whenever you want. Nor do you have to make any upfront payment. Similarly, your business does not have to stay with CloudKeeper all the time. It keeps the window open so that you can revert to direct-AWS billing whenever you feel like it. For one, we have not come with such a no-risk design in recent times.
- Expert Controls: As we mentioned, CloudKeeper is powered by one of the best FinOps and DevOps teams in the world. It has branches across the globe and works in real-time to ensure maximum security and savings. It is worth noting that the company (To The New) owns the risk of a 3-year commitment with AWS. On the other hand, you have to pay only the 1-year reserved pricing. Like this, CloudKeeper does not want to compromise performance even when offering substantial savings. Therefore, you can have a seamless cloud resource management experience from AWS.
- CK Lens: CloudKeeper does more than cut down your AWS spending. The solution can provide you critical data about how your business consumes cloud resources. With the help of CK Lens, a custom-made solution for AWS cost management, you get to know about the cost breakup on AWS. You can also understand which type of resources are responsible for the AWS bills you are receiving. Compared to competitors like CloudCheckr, Cloud Health, and Cloudability, CK Lens provides a better and comprehensive overview of resource consumption within the AWS infrastructure.
- Additional Services: You would also love the additional services from CloudKeeper, we are sure. The list includes periodical audits, a well-architected framework review, help in designing cost-optimized storage strategies, tagging strategies, and customer support. Considering that CloudKeeper employs dedicated teams for DevOps and FinOps, customer care will be adding so much value. It is remarkable that you do not have to pay anything extra for these consulting services. They are an integral part of the CloudKeeper package.
Getting Started with CloudKeeper
This is where things become even more impressive!
You do not need more than two minutes to get started with CloudKeeper and set things up. CloudKeeper or TTN does not request access to your AWS account. Nor will you have to share any vital data about the AWS account.
Instead, you simply have to route the billing through CloudKeeper. Right now, you must be making all your payments to AWS directly. Once you have rerouted the payments via CloudKeeper, you can start getting all the benefits we discussed earlier. After this point, you will receive the invoices from TTN and not AWS.
Once everything is set up, CloudKeeper will provide you savings. CloudKeeper customers get free-of-cost access to CK Lens subscriptions as well. Therefore, even while saving a lot of money, you would know which components are using up the resources. Based on this understanding, you can make further changes to the cloud infrastructure you have ready for the business.
Is There a Catch?
Well, there isn’t.
We also thought that CloudKeeper seems too good to be true. However, the service is 100% transparent in its methods. CloudKeeper essentially guarantees a 5% to 15% savings on AWS without any subscriptions or upfront fees.
Now, you should keep in mind that you can have 1-year reserved pricing for your auto-scaled instances too. On top of savings, the collaboration with CloudKeeper also gives you access to CK Lens, which gives you a detailed view of your infrastructure usage costs, opportunities to optimize, your billing break-ups, daily cost usage, and more.
In short, CloudKeeper is as straightforward as it gets.
The Bottom Line
Are you still wondering whether CloudKeeper is for you? After our hands-on experience and going through hundreds of customer reviews, we can confidently say that CloudKeeper is worth it. Furthermore, provided that you simply have to reroute billing via CloudKeeper, there is nothing at stake. Therefore, if you are looking for ways to analyze, optimize, and save AWS cloud spend, you must check out CloudKeeper. We are sure that you will love the experience.
Leave a comment
Have something to say about this article? Add your comment and start the discussion.