Building an eCommerce website is a tough job. If you hire a professional developer, it will cost you a lot of money, in addition to hosting and maintenance charges. As you know, it involves a lot of things — from the front-end design to core code and from product listing to payment gateways. It’s in such a scenario that Wix eCommerce becomes an impressive choice.
Many of you may know about Wix, which is a popular website builder. Wix eCommerce is essentially same, but you are going to get a fully-fledged online store for your business. Obviously, there are some awesome features that attract users into Wix eCommerce. In this review, we will explore those useful features.
Getting Started with Wix eCommerce
You probably know enough about Wix. It has been one of the most popular online website builders. Instead of merely building the website, Wix offers comprehensive packages. Be it a simple blog or a business website profile, a lot of Wix templates are there to choose from. And, Wix eCommerce is the next big thing to happen in the world of online website building.
Starting an online store with Wix eCommerce is quite easier. All you need is a clear idea about the store. Wix does everything else. First of all, you have to select a suitable online store template for the website. Quite thankfully, there are hundreds of Wix online site templates available. Then, by adding and editing elements, you can customize the whole eCommerce website. Hit the publish button, and your site is live and working.
It won’t take more than a few minutes to set up Wix eCommerce websites. Things would be super-easier if you have tried some standard website builders before. In every step, Wix offers ample features to help you. Now, we will move onto those top features, offered in different steps of Wix website creation.
Versatile Collection of Online Store Templates
There are dedicated Wix templates for different online store needs. What’s more, Wix has arranged them in sub-categories. Available sections are Clothing & Accessories, Health & Beauty and Home & Electronics. In each of these categories, there are around 10-20 Templates.
Before choosing a template, you can see its full preview. Then, if you’re interested, you can move forward to edit the template. One thing we loved in Wix eCommerce is the professional design. Each template has a unique design philosophy. When we say the collection is versatile, we really mean it.
You can surely find an optimized online store template for your business — no matter whether you’ve single product or multiple products to sell.
Seamless Editing — Optimizing Every Bit
Despite giving an all-set online store template, Wix eCommerce leaves space for customization as well. You have the option to add variety of elements into the single page. All these are done using the drag-and-drop editor in function.
Coming to productivity, each of Wix Templates are purpose-oriented. For instance, you can find some really Beautiful Gallery pages. You can also set up these galleries for individual products. If you have some product variations — based on Color and Size —, you can set them up in the same product page. This is great as far as usability of your online store goes.
All the designs made with Wix eCommerce are mobile-friendly. Your customers will have the same viewing experience from all the devices. It does not matter whether you’re editing the main page or About Us page, everything can be done using the drag-and-drop interface.
In short, we would say that the Site Editing process with Wix eCommerce is ultra-simple.
Online Store Management at Best
There are some exceptional Wix features for online store management. We will have an overview of its best picks.
- Wix Stores is a Store Management app from Wix eCommerce. It lets you keep track of your products, sales and after-sale services. You can review all steps of order processing, until it’s finally shipped.
- It also offers an awesome feature named ShoutOut Emails. These can be used to communicate with all existing customers, and bring them back via offers and deals.
- Wix eCommerce support almost all the popular Payment Methods, such as Credit Cards and PayPal. It opens up the way to receive payments from all parts of the globe, and to have them credited into your accounts. You can also choose from the variety of Payment Processors available — both online and offline.
- Optimal Security is ensured in all parts of Online Purchases. The shopping cart is quite accessible, and you won’t face any glitches in the path. Also, the whole shopping section is HTTPs.
- Wix eCommerce supports different Shipping Rates and Tax details for different countries. Just set all these from your dashboard and let your customers have a smooth process of check-out.
- By installing some dedicated Wix app, you can sell Digital Content via Wix Online Store. It works so seamlessly that you never have to worry about anything.
- You can create different Discount Codes to attract new customers into your Wix online stores. All the codes and products can be managed from the eCommerce Dashboard, making things much easier.
With these awesome features, it feels really easy to manage your online store via Wix Dashboard. It’s a paid feature and you need to install the Wix Stores app to have these options.
In case if you’re confused, let’s clear that. Wix eCommerce is a built-in feature of Wix Website Builder. That means you can have the same feature in the free plan as well. However, there are some restrictions in free plans. For instance, you cannot use your own domain name. Plus, Wix advertisements will be visible on the website.
To get rid of these restrictions, you have to upgrade to premium plans. Then, you can also access the paid apps from Wix App Store. Wix Store Management is one of those premium picks. So, depending on the other requirements — like Bandwidth and Storage Space —, you can make the right selection.
The Bottom Line
Considering the abovementioned features and options, Wix eCommerce is surely a blessing for people who own small businesses. Instead of spending thousands of dollars, you can spend a few each month. At the end of the day, you’re getting a complete package of hosting, security and payment gateways. We believe all these resources are enough to get started with online stores. So, we would also recommend eCommerce Wix for our readers.