Cell phone spy apps are among the most sought after services parents are looking for in an age of increased interconnectivity, and reliance on technology. Children and teens are highly dependent on their mobile phones to meet their entertainment, academic, social, and personal needs.
The situation has been exasperated with the rise of video streaming services like YouTube or Netflix. Similarly, social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and others are now the primary platform through which youngsters meet and interact with people.
Furthermore, schools and colleges frequently add their curriculum and other educational materials either online or through personalized mobile apps. Teenagers are known to experience changes in their identity and how they relate to the world. As such, they often browse through online forums to get a sense of where they stand. All these features are now available on mobile phones. This is the primary reason why mobile phone use among children and teenagers is so high.
However, while there are dangers on the streets, the internet is not the safest place for youngsters either. Parents are often concerned that they do not have any way to know if their children are exposed to threats online. This is the main reason why the demand for cell phone spy apps is so high.
In this article, we will briefly go over the reasons why parental monitoring may be helpful, as well as freedoms children should be allowed to have. We will then move on to review the top cell phone spy app for 2020.
Monitoring Vs Freedom
Parents need to ensure that their children do not access inappropriate content online, or are communicating with individuals that mean them harm. Cyberbullying is another factor that needs to be kept in mind. However, they also need to make sure they do not violate the freedom of their children and impinge on their right to privacy. Maintaining a balance between the two as a parent is key.
Several cell phone spy apps can be used to monitor children and teenagers. Many of these apps can be indiscriminate in the way they collect information. However, there is one cell phone spy app that can help you as a parent to achieve the balance between freedom and monitoring, and that application is XNSPY.
Like many services available at the moment, this parental monitoring app also has its pros and cons that you may want to read about before exploring the suite of features it offers.
- With the basic version yearly subscription for $4.99/month and the premium subscription coming in at $7.49 a month, XNSPY is more affordable than other options.
- It offers far more powerful features that other applications do not have.
- It operates stealthily with minimal interference in the device’s functionality.
- Enables monitoring of major social media sites as well as access to call and text logs.
- Enables remote access to all the data you need.
- There is no free trial.
- Some of XNSPY features require rooting Android devices.
Ease of Installation and Use
As mentioned before, you need physical access to the device to download and install the app. However, that only takes around 10 minutes. To get your subscription, simply head over to XNSPY’s official website, and select the subscription you want. You will receive an email with further instructions on how to install the app.
The app is also straightforward when it comes to ease of use. You will have the login credentials that you can use to access the online portal through which you can check out the data that XNSPY is collecting. The app also gives you the option of sending you notifications via email if it detects potentially dangerous activity on the device. Overall, it is easy to use the application, and you will not experience difficulty in getting used to its intuitive design.
Now that we’ve seen the pros and cons of the app, and considered the ease of use, let’s go over some of the important features it has to offer.
- Call monitoring: XNSPY can record all audio of incoming and outbound calls. It also provides you access to the call log, so you know about incoming calls, missed or outgoing calls, as well as their duration. XNSPY can also notify you if a contact number you’ve blacklisted is engaged in a call with the device user.
- Social media and messaging: You can keep track of who your child is interacting with on social media sites, such as Facebook. You can also get a list of all the text messages sent via apps like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. Another interesting feature is that XNSPY gives you the ability to create a list of terms that can alert you. So if such a term is mentioned, XNSPY will quickly notify you.
- Online activity monitor: Similar to the messaging monitoring feature, you can use XNSPY to keep track of your child’s browsing habits. You can also create a blacklist of terms under this category as well so XNSPY will alert you if such terms are used on the web.
- Location tracking: You can use XNSPY to keep track of your child’s whereabouts by using the location tracking feature. XNSPY also provides the option to use the geofencing feature so you’ll be notified if your child is entering or leaving a designated area.
- Ambient recording: You can remotely activate the device’s microphone to listen in on the surroundings.
- Activity reports: XNSPY can create specialized reports on activities like calls and browsing history and sends it to you regularly.
- Multimedia Access: Gain access to all multimedia files such as images, audio, and videos.
These are very advanced features to have in a cell phone spy app. However, as a parent, you also need to ensure that you do not violate your child’s right to privacy. XNSPY’s ability to notify you when there are threats that you have designated is an effective tool in letting you strike such a balance.
Similarly, you also have the option of checking which activity you want XNSPY to monitor. If you feel that you do not need to read every single message or go through every single call, XNSPY can let you do so too, without compromising on your child’s safety.
For example, you can add certain terms to the blacklist, so you do not need to read every message. XNSPY will quickly notify you if the word is mentioned in a message so you can take appropriate action.
Unlike other cell phone spy apps, XNSPY is not indiscriminate. It can help you protect your children’s privacy and safety. This is an important viewpoint to recognize. Given the features and the price, XNSPY can be considered as the top cell phone spy app for 2020.