The HTML editor is invaluable for both beginners and more advanced developers. We already mentioned the essential functions of HTML editors, such as syntax highlighting, inserting common HTML elements, and autocomplete. All this ensures that your code remains functional and clean with less effort, which significantly simplifies the implementation of what you do best – code.
It turned out that there are some new free solutions, which we decided to draw your attention to in this article.
The Online HTML Editors for Programmers and Users
A much more rational solution would be to use a product that will help you get the job done faster and take on some of the routine operations so that you don’t have to “reinvent the wheel” again and again. Well, it’s already great if access to it can be obtained from any computer. Here, we present to you the most helpful and practical online HTML editors. First, we start with online editors that will be helpful for your coding projects and tasks.
- Dirty Markup is not quite an editor, but rather a converter of ugly code into a well-readable code. Remember that compressing CSS and JS code will allow you to slightly speed up the speed of loading sites (for high-load projects, for example, this already results in freeing up a bunch of servers).
So, if you want to delve into such a mess, then there will not be any formatting of Html and CSS code with space characters, tabs or line breaks that make it readable. There will most likely be one line of code without spaces. And to make it enjoyable (formatted) again, we need the online editor Dirty Markup.
- Online HTML Editor – well, for starters, another simple creation on the same topic. There is a toolbar and view the created masterpiece (visualization).
- HTMLedit is a straightforward visual Html editor. No interface is provided, only two windows – the top (where you write your code) and the bottom (where it is visualized). Functionality is not enough, but it is clear and simple.
Of course, to work with the code, you can use the usual Notepad in Windows, and this will be a kind of “the high road.” If you want to make your life a bit easier, then the capabilities of the Notepad ++ Html editor will not be redundant (besides this, it supports the syntax of several dozens of programming languages).
Notepad ++ is a free text editor with impressive functionality, positioned as a replacement for standard Windows notepad. Notepad ++ is ideal for programming as well as for plain text input.
It is impossible to say that this text editor is just a simple replacement for a standard notebook, since these programs are of entirely different weight categories and, of course, Notepad ++ with its vast set of features, which are quite difficult for an ordinary user to figure out, is a heavyweight.
Therefore, Notepad ++ download is recommended mainly for programmers and experienced users who are not satisfied with the low functionality of the standard Windows notepad.
Online IDE Editors
- Highlight syntax and show errors that you made while writing code (right while typing)
- Add code (do autocomplete) and show open brackets
- As well as the aforementioned Dirty Markup, this online editor can format the code fragment added to it (add tabs and line breaks to increase visibility).
- Take a step back, as in any self-respecting desktop editor
- There is a WYSIWYG mode (visual) when you can see the results of changes made to the code
- There is a Google Chrome browser extension that will allow you to work in this editor and save the results offline – ShiftEdit.
2. Quite a lot of similar online development environments (cloud-based IDEs) have been created at the moment. Apparently, there is a demand for them and paid advanced modes of using such editors bring good profit to the owners. At least, many inexperienced users or professional programmers can also find an alternative when it comes to an editor.
Regardless of whether you started programming or are an experienced developer, we are confident that the HTML editor can be your best friend. Beyond the features, choosing the best HTML editor that suits you can be difficult. We recommend that you experiment with different editors and select the one that best suits your style and workflow.
Also note that if you do not need round-the-clock support and code management for a huge company, you will probably be fine with a free editor.