The world is divided into highly contrasting notions about the adoption of technology in its circles.
While some believe that bigger enterprises are too wary of tweaking their operations to accommodate new technology, small businesses are believed to not investing enough in its adoption.
At the same time, another argument can be that modern tech is affordable for the big players and startups are run by new-age millennials who are tech-savvy enough to not oversee its advantages.
Whatever is the case, one thing is for sure that technology is too important for businesses to ignore.
So, if you are looking to expand your company in the coming years, here’s are the tech-trends that you should be aware of.
AI chatbots are taking the world by a storm in today’s age. For those unfamiliar, chatbots are the automated response systems that you may have encountered on many service-based mobile apps and a number or websites.
But most of them can be said to be the most basic forms of chatbots. The more advanced versions, i.e., AI chatbots are still in their nascence and haven’t really gone mainstream for a majority of businesses.
However, they hold strong capabilities for business growth in many ways.
- AI Chatbots can learn user behavior to provide a personalized experience to each visitor on your site. If you own an eCommerce business, this technology can be used to offer product suggestions to users based on their past purchase behavior, taking their experience with your brand to the next level.
- Bots are capable of providing more efficient, real-time customer support in lesser investment.
- They can be used for making your own work team much more productive and efficient in working.
Time and again we have seen arguments surrounding employee training. Skipping ahead to the conclusion- training is vital for employees’ personal growth, as well as the business’s growth.
For almost two decades, eLearning has been a part of training in Corporates and has evolved to accommodate the changing needs of employees. And the latest evolution in the field is mLearning or mobile learning.
The concept here is simple – it offers a training course which is accessible through smartphones and Mobile Applications. However, the implications of this technology can be magnificent.
With trends of gamification, virtual reality, and augmented reality, smartphones, and advanced LMS have gained literal superpowers when it comes to the training of employees. Here’s how.
- With the help of gamification, AR and VR, employers can build custom mobile-based training courses. These kinds of activities in training leverage competitiveness and a strong sense of achievement. This, in turn, increases employee engagement dramatically.
- Around 64% of employees believe that having access to learning through a mobile device is essential for their work. It improves productivity and efficiency at work. One reason for this is because the offices can easily distribute the learning courses throughout the organization regardless of their size.
- One of the biggest issues faced by employees after their training is complete is the retention of knowledge and information. And many times it happens that at the time of requirement, employees are not able to recall important learning. mLearning can prove to be crucial in situations like these where employees can get their hands on any information as and whenever they require.
Thus when you compare mobile eLearning authoring tools for your company, along with the ease of use and learning curve, try and find a solution has the provision of as many modern updated technologies as possible.
The concept of Blockchain emerged with a cryptocurrency, but today it has found its undeniable applications in every possible industry of the world.
This complex algorithm is a distributed ledger that is virtually impenetrable by all means and hence, is the most secure technology available in the world for making crucial transactions.
Some of the biggest advantages of Blockchain Technology that can help businesses grow are:
- Data transparency
- High data security
- Easy traceability
- Peer-to-peer interaction
- Decentralization of data
In areas like supply chain management, quality assurance, and for creating smart contracts, Blockchain conceives a digitally transparent ecosystem which propagates growth and development for a company and creates an environment when employees and customers can completely trust each other.
The concept of IoT or Internet of Things is straight out of a sci-fi movie – Machines independently interacting with each other.
And while the idea of IoT is “bigger than life”, it has already started taking shape. For instance, you can now control your home appliances with your smartphone.
In the business world as well, IoT can be put to use for many advancements and growth, such as
- Business management: With the help of IoT, you can gain larger and easier centralized control over your business digitally. Especially if your business has multiple offices around different locations, IoT can enable you to build a transparent interface to manage the working of all offices.
- Customer experience: Everyone associated with one or another kind of business can easily vouch for the importance of good customer experience. After all, word-of-mouth is the best kind of marketing for a business. IoT can be a major pivot point for greater customer satisfaction.
The world is on the threshold of change and there are many technologies which can help one in achieving optimum growth for their business. The only way forward from here is to adapt and transform.