If you would like to add your personal flare to things then creating your own provides you with this opportunity. One such opportunity to add your personal flare is to make your own invitations for your parties, wedding or any special occasion. When you are making your own invitations, you are not just being unique but thrifty as well because you do not have to pay for this service.
- Computer/Internet, scissors.
- Papers, ink, decorations (ribbons etc), envelopes, pen/pencil, stock cards.
- The first step in making your own invitations is to think about your design. With the aid of paper and pencil, you can try draw or design what is in your mind’s eye. When you make your own invitations, you set the tone for what you want and you have the power and creativity to get exactly what you want. You can visit websites as well or use creative programs on your personal computer that provide templates for invites. This template gives you the basic platform for your unique creation. You will choose your colors, the kind of paper, decoration and words to go for your unique invitation. In addition, you can use Microsoft and Adobe. After you get something down, you can use simple plain paper to get a printable version to pursue.
- After you get the design out, you need to choose the kind of cards you will use to print your official invitations. For a small fee, you can purchase the cards at any office supply stores.
- If you are using a computer, you will use a word processor like Microsoft word to get text boxes which you can write your special words of invitation. You can choose to use decorative fonts and experiment with the colors available.
- In addition, you can insert in the text box clip art or pictures from your own collection on your computer or you can visit websites that offer exquisite pictures or clip art that you can use. Choose a background image that does not cloud the text on the card. It should be light or pale. If you do not want a background image you can choose from your computer light solid colors for your background.
- If you want additional text to go on your invitations like a poem or a catchy phrase, you can search for it on the internet and cut and paste it on your card.
- After you have completed the designs, background, the invite and a special saying to complete your card, you must save it and print out a copy again to pursue. You may just want to fine-tune it. Once you are okay with it then you can start printing it out on the cards you purchased from the store.
Tips and Warning
- When you make your invites make use decorative fonts and design. In addition, you should create your card with such a personal flair that guests and relatives may want to put it in their albums as a beautiful memory. Ensure that when you are printing your invitation cards you use colored ink. If you do not have colored ink then get it printed at a computer store or anywhere that offers printing service. This may attract a small fee.
- When you choose you images and designs, do not over do-it. You should not have too many pictures and colors; you should stick to one theme.
- After all your hard work of creating your own invites, ensure that all the guests and relatives get the invitation cards.