Emus4U is one of the top third-party app installers, providing users with an alternative to both Cydia and the official iOS app store. Packed with thousands of apps and games, users can choose from standard and modified content, plus a range of Cydia tweaks too. There’s no need to jailbreak, and it’s entirely free to use so keep reading for download details.
How to Install Emu4U
Installing Emus4U is simple enough provided you follow these steps as written – if you don’t, the configuration profile cannot be installed.
- Open Safari browser on your device and open the official Emus4U site
- Tap one of the Profile download buttons and then tap on Allow
- An Emus4U page opens, tap the option to Install to let the profile download
- Your settings app opens, tap on Install Profile
- Add your passcode if requested and wait for Safari to open
- Tap Install and a confirmation box pops up – tap Install, and Settings app opens again
- Tap Install > Next and then tap Done on the last page
- When Emus4U is installed, the app icon shows up on your home page.
- If that icon is not there, repeat the steps
How to Use Emus4U
Emus4U is user-friendly and straightforward to use:
- Open the app by tapping the Emus4U app icon on your iPhone home screen
- Tap on one of the categories – see below
- Find your app or game – browse or use the search box
- Tap on it and follow the in-app download instructions
- Enjoy your app or game
Common Emus4U Problems
Emus4U is incredibly stable and reliable, but a couple of issues do pop up to make things difficult for you. Both are simple fixes, here’s how:
White or Blank Screen
- Open your Settings app and tap Safari
- Tap on Clear Website Data
- Try the app; the screen is back to normal
Untrusted Developer Error
This error arises with all third-party content, but it’s easy to get around:
- Open Settings and go to General
- Tap Profiles and find the app profile
- Tap on it and then tap the Trust option button
- Close Settings, try the app and the error will be gone
Is Emus4U Safe?
Emus4U is 100% safe to use. The developers took a long time to develop the app, putting it through several testing stages along the way. Beta testers put the finished installer through its paces before it was publicly released and we ran our tests to make sure there were no viruses, malware or anything else that could harm your device.
If that weren’t enough, Emus4U is safe because it doesn’t need root access in the same way that Cydia did. This means it isn’t hacking through Apple’s security and isn’t opening your device up to the potential for external threat. Moreover, none of the tweaks included in Emus4U need root access either.
Finally, regular updates are issued to keep the installer safe, and the developers urge you to install these immediately.
How to Delete Emus4U
If you really can’t get on with Emus4U, or it throws up too many errors, all you need to do is delete it. This is simple to do and does not interfere with anything else on your device:
Method 1: Deleting the Profile
- Launch your settings app
- Tap on General and then Profiles
- Tap on the app profile and later on Delete Profile
- Close Settings and mus4U will be deleted
Method 2: Deleting the App Icon
- Find and long-hold the Emus4U icon on your home screen
- When all the icons go into Wiggle mode, tap the small cross at the top corner of the Emus4U icon
- Tap Delete and the app installer will be removed
Similar App Installers
There are other third-party app installers, and the best one may suit you better:
TweakBox offers users a choice of 2000+ modified and tweaked apps and games, tweaks and other useful content like MovieBox, AirShou screen recorder and much more. Click the link for more details.
Emus4U is worth a try; tell us what you think and get more app recommendations by following us on Facebook