Florida is known for its lively cities, beautiful beaches, and good weather. But this article will point the spotlight on the highest-paying jobs in this sunny state.
Florida is an ideal place for any professional. There is no income tax, and the future job growth is expected to be 41.6% over the next decade (the U.S. average being 33.5%). High-paying jobs should find this state to be like a haven.
If you are a job-seeker interested in relocating, you need to stand out in the application process by using an online resume writing service. Let professionals help you on SkillHub – they’ll strengthen your resume since it’s a decisive element to landing your next dream job.
Moving on, here are some encouraging statistics on the top-paying careers in Florida.
Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Both obstetricians and gynecologists deal with women’s reproductive health. However, obstetricians’ work is focused on childbirth.
These two medical professions have scored as the highest-paid careers in the state of Florida, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2020). It’s not surprising since medical specialists tend to be the top earners in most states and even around the world.
Let’s look at what relevant statistics for obstetricians and gynecologists show.
- The average annual income for obstetricians and gynecologists in Florida is $ 245,570, with an average hourly wage of $118.07. The average entry-level salary is $124,720.
- Florida is one of the states with the highest employment level for obstetricians and gynecologists. Around 1,170 people are employed in these positions.
- Crestview, Florida, is one of the highest-paying metropolitan areas for professionals in this field.
It seems that these are worthy professions to seek out in Florida. The salaries are very attractive salaries, and one has a high probability of obtaining a job position without too much difficulty.
Surgeons (Except Ophthalmologists)
Coming in second on the list of the top earners in Florida are surgeons (except ophthalmologists). The updated available statistics on surgeons demonstrate the following.
- The average annual income for surgeons in Florida is $244,830, with an average hourly wage of $117.71 and an average entry-level salary of $52,010.
- Florida qualifies again as one of the states with the highest employment levels for surgeons. Around 1,970 people are employed in this profession.
- Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, Florida, is one of the highest-paying metropolitan areas for surgeons.
Based on the numbers, Florida seems to be an ideal place for aspiring surgeons to start their careers and reach success. Becoming a surgeon is difficult, and being a surgeon is even more challenging. Their level of specialization is reflected in their big salaries.
Airline Pilots, Co-Pilots, and Flight Engineers
These professions deal with the flying and navigating of either cargo or passenger airplanes. The flights can be regional, national, and international. Controlling enormous aircraft isn’t an easy task. So, it’s not surprising that these professions ranked third in the highest-paying jobs in Florida.
Here are statistics on these professions.
- Airline pilots, co-pilots, and flight engineers have an average annual income of $229,730 in Florida. The average entry-level salary is $98,180.
- There are around 5,220 people employed in these professions in Florida. It is one of the states with the highest corresponding employment levels.
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is one of the metropolitan areas in the U.S. having a big number of around 3,400 employees in this occupational sphere.
- Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall, Florida, has one of the highest concentrations of jobs for these professions.
Physicians (Except Pediatric)
Fourth on the list for the top-paid careers in Florida are physicians of all types except pediatric. According to available statistics, physicians are well-compensated in Florida.
- Florida has one the highest employment levels for physicians, with an average annual income of $220,450 and an hourly wage of $105.98. The average entry-level salary is $54,150.
- There are 29,430 physicians in the state.
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is one of the metropolitan areas with the highest employment levels for all types of physicians: 10,070 professionals work here.
- Homosassa Springs, Florida, is one of the metropolitan areas in the U.S. with the highest concentration of jobs for physicians.
Big salaries and high employment levels await aspiring physicians in Florida.
Family Medicine Physicians
Family medicine physicians get a category of their own. Unlike other physicians who usually focus on one specific illness or disease, they oversee the overall health. Moreover, they’re trained to provide for both children and adults.
Statistics reveal the following.
- The average annual income for family medicine physicians is $204,390 in Florida, with the corresponding hourly wage of $98.27. The average entry-level salary is $98,830.
- Florida is one of the states with the highest employment levels for family medicine physicians as well. It’s impressive that 8,510 people work in this field.
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is one of the metropolitan areas in the U.S. with the highest employment levels for the representatives of this profession. There are 2,630 individuals practicing in this area.
- Sebring, Florida, is one of the metropolitan areas in the U.S. with the highest concentration of jobs for family medicine physicians.
Based on what we saw, Florida seems to be the ideal hotspot for many medical professionals – from surgeons to family doctors.
Of course, many other thriving careers get big paychecks in the sunny state of Florida. Yet, we made sure to include information only on the top earners. Moreover, we’ve referenced reliable information from the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics’ website.
Airline pilots, co-pilots, and flight engineers are the only high-paying jobs that don’t belong in the medical sector but still scored high on the list. For professionals who are either in medicine or learning to become a pilot, Florida might be the place to start a rewarding and fulfilling career life. And the good weather is just a bonus.
Leave a comment
Have something to say about this article? Add your comment and start the discussion.